How To Start An Urgent Care Clinic
Simple Proven Strategy For New Owners – How To Start An Urgent Care Center
Preparing for Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic Launch
Many new business owners who start or purchase an existing medical clinic have a prevailing misconception that starting an Urgent Care will automatically results in new patients. Many business owners look at the demographics data, competitive landscape – as it exists at the moment, not as would be if 3 new clinics opened within 5 mile radius. Some business owners are still waiting for the “progressive and steady patient increase” to happen after opening, with minimal patient increases until they ran out of funds – very tragic.
Walk-In Clinic Launch & Achieving “Green”
By working with hundreds of Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinics all over the USA, OnRevenue.com has firmly established the following:
1. As you open your Urgnet Care, key objective should be to get to break even patient count as soon as possible, at this point, the financial pressure is off, profitability and financial security follows. Break even patient count is between 17-23 patients per day, depending on location overhead, competition etc.
2. To achieve break even ASAP, the clinic needs to pre-promote before opening. Solid Online strategy and world-class software team focused on Urgent Care is the key differentiator.
3. OnRevenue’s Quick-Start GOLD & PLATINUM, multiple step plan is designed to increase patient count quickly.
For example one of OnRevenue’s customer opened a new clinic and hired a marketing consultant – After thousands of $$$ were wasted on multiple channels like TV, Radio, Print and local bill-boards, customer realized that majority of the new patients were coming from OnRevenue’s strategy and software.
We started with OnRevenue for our Urgent Care about one year ago. We have seen our volume increase from an average of 28 patients per day to 46 patients per day. When asking patients how they have heard about our urgent care we found our newspaper and TV advertising were doing very little to bring in new patients. Patients have overwhelmingly reported they have seen our ads & listings on Google or have simply searched for the Nearest Urgent Care. Patient communication software is also the main difference. OnRevenue has made certain that our Urgent Care always lists first on Google search which I believe has had a significant impact on our growing business. I’m opening a second Urgent Care and have again hired OnRevenue.
Here are some high level steps designed to promote your new clinic
- 90 days prior to opening – Overall plan defined.
- 70 days out go live with Website pre announcing your imminent opening – and overall website design
- 50 days out – finalize website layout – Content creation started
- 50 days out – define SEO & SEM plan, application plan and social media plan
- 40 days out – start implementation of SEM & SEO plan
- 30 days out, list the health insurance companies that you have contracted with
- 30 days out – Email Marketing, Facebook, Search Engine Marketing started / tests run / key online competitors identified
- 20 days out, review with OnRevenue the dashboard metrics on your new site, see where geographically you are garnering the most interest, evaluate this against your clinics objectives
- 10 days out add the following high impact feature set to your web site – Here is the list of over 20 apps included.
- Day 0 – website has ‘Now Open” prominently displayed, OnRevenue now performs over 12 unique best practices to start drawing patients into you new clinic. Since we have done this so many times, we have a complete strategy to get you to profitability quickly.
OnRevenue platform is easy to use and comes ready to be deployed – including a free professional medical website. As your clinic will be targeting potential patients within approx 5 to 10 miles of radius ( larger in rural areas, and smaller in heavily populated downtown type of areas). Your potential patients are online and are using social media, searching on Google, reading Emails and interacting using technology.
We wish you success in opening your Urgent Care & Walk-In Clinic, we have created a way to grade your clinic’s effectiveness online. Let us know if we can help you.